Monday, December 31, 2007

Theory and Fashion

I often end up using the Google search bar as my navigator, so I've been surprised of late when typing things like "theory cs aggregator" in to see ads with taglines like

Theory at Bloomingdale's
Theory on Sale
Theory Fashions

I didn't know CS theory was popular in the mainstream!

Theory is apparently a New York clothing design firm, and their wares are in most of the major chains (Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom's, etc.) So when you look up anything related to theory, and it's vague enough that Google isn't sure what sort of ad to throw at you, you end with clothing ads. I believe their website is www.theory.com, an address I suppose I should have purchased years ago.

Yes, www.cstheory.com is taken. (Smart thinking, Kevin...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And "Structure" is (was?) a brand.
--metoo

Anonymous said...

Yes. Structure is now Express Men.