Thursday, August 09, 2012

Distracting Videos

Jeff Erickson gets the blame for pointing out this amusing/disturbing video on counting.  I feel like I should make it a background video before my undergraduate class one day.  Catchy tune.  

My wife liked this backyard roller coaster video, which apparently creates discussion about whether this is the best dad ever (let me repeat:  backyard roller coaster) or completely irresponsible and dangerous parenting (let me repeat:  backyard roller coaster).  

David Malan gets fun videos up to advertise CS50.  So any Harvard students reading this, point the freshpeople over to www.cs50.net and run the video.  (In this case, I will not justify the choice of music.)  Expect more CS50 goodness and news on the blog as it's one of the initial HarvardX courses.  

I found my library had all the Sarah Jane Adventures DVD sets.  (Trailer here.)  For those who don't know, Sarah Jane Smith was one of Doctor Who's companions back in the 1970's;  only three decades or so later, they finally gave her a spin-off show, which is a lighter and somewhat more kid-friendly version of Doctor Who.  My kids (who also like Doctor Who, though they're occasionally creeped out by it) were instantly addicted when we visited London a few years ago.  So this last week or so I've been forced to watch many, many happy hours of perfectly summertime TV with the kids.  (My youngest only wants to watch Scooby Doo, so I've also been catching the new episodes of Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated -- EVIL PIZZA ;  while I'm really, really, really burnt out on Scooby Doo at this point, I have to say, the Mystery Incorporated series seems like the best incarnation of Scooby Doo ever.)


1 comment:

JeffE said...

Two words: Adventure Time!